Making Scrapbooking Easier with the Shift and Control Keys (Shortcuts)
© Digital Scrapbook Memories, 2006 - 2015
This tip applies to all versions of Photoshop including Elements
There are many ways to make scrapbooking easier by using the shift and control (command for Mac) keys. Here are a few.
- Hold the shift key down while you are making your pictures bigger or smaller to keep the picture in proportion.
- Hold the shift key down when using the marquee tool to create a perfect circle or square.
- Hold the shift key down while using brushes or erasers to draw a perfect line.
- Hold the shift key down while using the crop tool to crop in a perfect square.
- Hold the shift key down while using the shape tool to keep your shape in proportion.
- Hold the control (command) key while you click on a layer in the layer box to select everything in that layer.
- Hold the control (command) key while dragging the corners of your layer to distort it.